I currently work two and a half days per week in private practice, while also continuing to work for the NHS in a Community Mental Health Team. As a Practitioner I belong to the BACP who are my professional body. I am a ‘Registered Member’, this means that I abide by their ethical framework while working as an Integrative Therapist and that I undertake frequent continuing professional development to keep up to date with current practice while also receiving regular supervision to make sure my work is clinically safe. A copy of the commitments we make as members of the BACP while working therapeutically can be found by clicking here.
- Adult Psychotherapist & Counsellor – West London NHS Trust, providing both long term individual Psychotherapy & Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to individuals and groups.
- Extensive experience working within an NHS Crisis Team and previously as a Mental Health Advisor on an NHS crisis line.
- Prior to working within mental health services, I worked for an NHS Ambulance Service, both operationally and in control.
Qualifications & Specialist Training
- Registered Member MBACP of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (RACC)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Intensive Training (British Isles DBT Training)
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- EMDR Therapy (Module 1 & 2)
- Critical Incident Debriefing
As part of my on-going professional development I frequently attend courses and study days that are related to my practice, courses attended include:
- Online Therapy CPD Training: Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals (PESI UK)
- Knowledge & Understanding Framework – Working with Personality Disorder: Raising Awareness (West London NHS Trust)
- Dissociation and Depersonalization (SLaM)
- Traumatic Grief (BPS)
- Advanced assessment and treatment opportunities for people with insomnia (BPS)
- An introduction to sleep: Psychobehavioural assessment and treatment strategies for people with insomnia (BPS)
- Understanding and working with: Hearing voices, delusions and paranoia (BPS)
- Working with Attachment and Trauma (BPS)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy 8 week course at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre (part of Oxford University)